Peach season is finally among us! Considering I was raised in Georgia (also known as the Peach State) there’s no surprise that I love peaches. Literally, I will eat peach-flavored ANYthing. You name it! Candy, drinks, smoothies, ice cream, whatever; if it is peach flavored I am eating it! My favorite way to enjoy peaches is in a peach cobbler, which also happens to be my all-time favorite dessert.
Making peach cobbler from scratch can be a daunting task for those, like myself, who do not bake cobblers or similar desserts often. After many failed attempts of trying to perfect my mom’s peach cobbler recipe I decided to create my own. Unfortunately, my recipe is not touching my mom’s recipe, but it is made from scratch and very yummy nonetheless.
This is the perfect recipe for beginner bakers, or those who prefer a simpler way to make a peach cobbler. I used a cast iron skillet to bake my cobbler in. This is by no means required, but I highly recommend it. Why? Because everything is better when made in a cast iron skillet! Seriously, if you do not have one please go buy one.
Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1 stick of butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 cups of fresh sliced peaches – can peaches will work, but fresh peaches are best 🙂
- Set your oven to 350 degrees
- Start by melting the stick of butter down in a sauce pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk
- Add your melted butter into your baking pan
- Next, pour your batter into the baking pan
- Cover the batter with your fresh peaches Important: DO NOT STIR. Your batter will rise to the top as it bakes, infusing the flavor of the peaches into the crust.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour (times will vary depending on your oven)
- Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!